Rice bran is a thin layer of dark chalk in the midle of the husk and white rice
A grain of rice is made up of 4 parts: Rice Husk accounts for 20% of the weight, light pink coat (rice bran membrane) accounts for 8% of the weight, the rice sprouts accounts for 1 – 2%, the rest is the intestine of rice grain accouting for 70%. This product is created by rice grain. Offen used as animal feed, in the production of skin care products and cosmestics.
Processing of Rice bran :
1. Harvesting rice and conducting grain drying.
2. Use rice husk Separator to separate rice husk to produce husk and brown rice (rice with bran husk).
3. Continue using a milling machine to remove the outer layer of rice bran. We have white rice and brown rice bran – the rice bran itself.
+ Uses and benefits of rice bran:
- Rice bran is an effective beauty support products for the skin, rice bran oil helps stimulate hair growth,…
- Bringing economic benefits to the livestock industry in Vietnam and other countries.
- As animal feeds for cattle, poulty, seafood,…
- As an effective fertilizer for plants, it provides clean nutrients for the soil to grow crops, especially short-term fruit and vegetable crops.
+ Nutrition composition of rice bran:
- During the milling process, rice bran is peeled off the grain and becomes an auxiliary material. Therefore, they are offen low cost, but possess more than 60% of the nutritional value of rice.
- In 100 grams of rice bran powder:
• 40 grams of glucide.
• 12 grams of protein.
• 22 grams of lipid.
• The remaining 26 grams are trace element such as vitamins B6, E, B1, minerals,…
The reason that some enterprises import rice bran because rice bran contains protein (11 -17%), fat (12-29%), carbonhydrates and fiber (6-31%), not to mention B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6), Vitamin E, Vitamin K, cholin, acid folic and minerals like Fe, K, P, Se, Mg, Zn,…
+ Technical standards of pure fresh rice bran:
Moisture: 12% max
Protein: 13% min
Fat: 12% min
Starch : 30% min
Fiber: 7% max
Ash: 8 % max